“Climate Change” is a no longer mysterious word. It has been discussed on several platforms throughout the last decade. Since then many Govt., Non- Govt. organizations, individual personalities have been trying to spread awareness as well as putting their exertion towards making difference. The question is, are these efforts sufficient to cease or alter the climate changing effect.
The Ticking Clock of Danger:
We are experiencing the many disturbing changes in climate. They will continue in a worse manner if the precautions are not taken or to be worse, it will lead the plant to the verge of in-habitation.
The Global temperature of the Earth has increased at surprisingly much higher rate than there was in previous decade by almost 1 degree Celsius which is far more effective on global scale. The current drastic changes experienced during last 2 decades such as Drought, Extreme Heat, Extreme Precipitation, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, and Wild Fires etc. Which are causing extreme weather conditions like bush fires, cyclones, droughts and floods are becoming more frequent and more intense likely to arise more very hot days and fewer very cold days. The frequency, length and intensity of heat waves has increased over the time period.
The oceans have absorbed extra heat and carbon dioxide (CO2) making the seas warmer and more acidic. Warming waters are bleaching coral reefs and causing stronger storms. Rising ocean acidity is a threat to marine ecosystems.
Climate change actuate by human activities may lead to impacts on physical, biological, and social systems which will be irrevocable, such as…entire Arctic will become Ice free and Sea levels will be raised by 2-3 feet etc.
How much time actually left, before it’s too late!
Past few weeks where temperatures soared, a BBC article suggested that the actual time we have to act is even shorter than we think, it’s just 18 months.
Which, bring us to the point where we must take extreme measures not just on the administrative level but on ground level too like,
- Talking to your friends and family, and make sure your representatives are making good decisions which can make the single biggest way you can make an impact.
- Powering your home with renewable energy like wind and solar renewable energy
- Carbon pollution can be reducing via reducing water wastage; vast amount of energy can be stopped being wasted that is used excessively to run electrical & fossil fuel devices to serve our water consumption requirements.
- Energy Saving Habits!! Approx 100 million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year could save 80,000 tons of global warming pollution.
- Eat the food you buy and make less of it meat. For any country approx 10 per cent of energy use goes into growing, processing, packaging, and shipping food. Less wastage of food cuts down energy consumption.
- In cities and towns shrink your carbon profile by using quality public transportation leads to less driving, less money spent on fuel, and less pollution in the air.
It’s time that everyone, from the humble citizen to the highest levels of business personals and government from this very moment. Renewable energy are not the option now, it’s only way to save the earth from great disaster. Where only there are just 18 months to reach the technology we need to make a great start from today. Programs of government coupled with large scale adaptability can make a huge positive difference.